15 July 2009

Dinner Plan: Jerk Chicken

Tonight's Menu
Entree: Jerk Chicken
Side: Coconut Rice
Side: Tropical Fruits



Jerk Chicken
Simple and easy. Cleanup boneless skinless chicken breasts, season with Penzey's Jerk Chicken and Fish spice. I did this yesterday actualy, so they've been in the fridge marinating. I'll mist with oil before grilling, and hit with lime juice just before taking off.

Coconut Rice
This is a first time I've made this this way... meaning from scratch instead of a kit. I'm using long grain brown jasmine rice, basically just following the package directions, except replace 50% of the water with unsweetened coconut milk from a can. Also upped the water a bit. So the bag called for 2.5 cups water, 1 cup rice... I did 1.25 cups unsweetened coconut milk, 1.5 cups water and 1 cup rice.

Tropical Fruits
This could be something fancy like grilled pineapple. But it's just going to be a jar of Dole's tropical fruit chunks.

Results
Well, we didn't have any lime juice. Planning FAIL. The chicken was still good, but I think that woulda improved it. The rice was a split vote, I thought it was ok, but Cory thought it was too sweet and bland. A small dash of salt in the cooking might have been a good addition.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

Thanks Chris! This sounds amazing and I can't wait to try it! I actually have a can of coconut milk in the pantry that I don't remember what I bought it for. Thanks again!

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home